Ultrasound of blood vessels
Colour Doppler and duplex sonography provides blood flow measurement of the supplying vessels of the brain and allows diagnostics of vascular and organ diseases.
When should colour Doppler and duplex sonography be performed?
- Adipositas (overweight)
- Diabetes mellitus
- famlily history of heart attacks, strokes
- high blood pressure (hypertonia)
- hypercholesterinaemia (lipid metabolic disorder)
- coronary heart disease Herzerkrankung (disease of the hearts blood vessels)
- smoking (nicotine)
- after strokes
- after vascular operations, stent implantation
Colour Doppler and duplex sonography allows detection of:
- Atherosclerosis (artery sclerosis or hardening)
- heart diseases
- risk factors for dementia
- Blood flow disorders of the brain
Colour Doppler and duplex sonography uses inaudible sound waves that differ from normal sound by a different vibration frequency and are completely harmless.
A transparent, watery gel is applied to the examination area and the ultrasonic probe is gently pressed against your skin.
This allows measurement of the blood flow velocity in blood vessels and organs such as your heart, and examination of the structure of your vessel walls and blood circulation to your different organs.
We offer Colour Doppler and duplex sonography of the supplying vessels of your brain (extracranially).
Colour Doppler and duplex sonography allows early detection and treatment of vascular and organ dieases as well as therapy monitoring.